1. The student has the right to cancel the enrollment agreement and obtain a refund of charges paid through attendance at the first class session, or before the end of the 2nd week of instruction.
2. If the school has given you any equipment, you shall return it within seven (7) days following the date of this notice of cancellation, or if after the cancellation period, your last date of attendance. If you fail to return this equipment in the same condition received within the seven (7) day period, the school may retain that portion of payment paid by you, and deduct the cost from any refund that may be due to you. Once you have paid for equipment, it is yours to keep without further obligation.
3. You have the right to withdraw from school at any time. The registration fee is nonrefundable. If you cancel before the end of the second week of the entire course, then we will refund your quarter tuition and you must return any equipment given to you in good condition, or else we will charge you for any fixtures it might need. If you cancel anytime after the first two weeks of the entire course or program, then the school has the right to keep the current month’s tuition and refund you any remaining months in the quarter.
a. The first two weeks of course/program: full refund
i. For example, if a student pays $3000 for 3 months, but has only attended the first or two weeks, we will refund the full $3000.
i. If a student pays $3000 for 3 months, but has only attended more than two weeks after the course/program begins, then we will refund $2000, or the last two months’ tuition.
b. After the first two weeks of course/program and anytime thereafter
i. If student attends the first month, and then the first day of the second month, then the school will charge the tuition for the first and second month.
4. For the purpose of determining the amount of the refund, the date of the student’s withdrawal shall be deemed the last date of recorded attendance. For the purpose of determining the amount you owe, you shall be deemed to have withdrawn from the course when any of the following occurs:
● The student notifies the institution of the student’s withdrawal or of the date of the student’s withdrawal, whichever is later.
● The institution terminates the student’s enrollment for failure to maintain satisfactory progress;
● Failure to abide by the rules and regulations of the institution; absences in excess of the maximum set forth by the institution; and/or failure to meet financial obligations to the school; and
● You fail to return from a leave of absence. In this case, the date of withdrawal shall be deemed the last date of recorded attendance.
5. If any portion of your tuition was paid through loan proceeds, the refund will be sent to the lender or agency that guaranteed your loan. Any remaining amount will first be used to repay any financial aid programs from which you received benefits, to the extent of benefits received. Any remaining amount will be paid to you.
6. If the student has received federal student financial aid funds, the student is entitled to a refund of moneys not paid from federal student financial aid program funds.
7. If the student obtains a loan to pay for an educational program, the student will have the responsibility of repaying the full amount of the loan plus interest, less the amount of any refund.
8. If the student defaults on a federal or state loan, both the following may occur: (a) The federal or state government or a loan guarantee agency may take action against the student, including applying any income tax refund to which the person is entitled to reduce the balance owned on the loan. (b) The student may not be eligible for any other federal student financial aid at another institution or other government financial assistance program until the loan is paid.
9. To cancel the contract for school, mail or deliver a signed and dated copy of the cancellation notice form (available at the Admissions office) and bring to:
AU LAC INSTITUTE
C/o Admissions and Records Office
2268 Quimby Road, Ste E, San Jose, CA 95122
Cancellation may occur when the student provides a cancellation notice form and can be done by mail or by hand delivery. The cancellation notice form, if sent by mail, is effective when deposited in the mail properly addressed with proper postage.
For programs beyond the current “payment period,” if you withdraw prior to the next payment period, all charges collected for the next period will be refunded. If any portion of the tuition was paid from the proceeds of a loan or third party, the refund shall be sent to the lender, third party or, if appropriate, to the state or federal agency that guaranteed or reinsured the loan. Any amount of the refund in excess of the unpaid balance of the loan shall be first used to repay any student financial aid programs from which the student received benefits, in proportion to the amount of the benefits received, and any remaining amount shall be paid to the student.
If the student has received federal student financial aid funds, the student is entitled to a refund of money not paid from federal student financial aid program funds.